What is Asphalt Paving Resurfacing?
Have you heard about the term ‘Asphalt Paving Resurfacing’? Perhaps, yes! If you are planning to replace your asphalt paving, you are on the right platform. Let us talk about asphalt paving resurfacing. Before you ask your contractor to work upon the resurfacing, have a brief about Asphalt Paving Resurfacing.
- Asphalt Overlay is the same as asphalt paving resurfacing or pavement resurfacing.
- It involves the installation of a new layer of asphalt above the existing surface of the pavement.
- The new layer installed over it is about one and a half inches thick.
- Whether you talk about replacement or reconstruction, it means the same thing. The process involves the installation of both the subgrade asphalt layer and the overlay pavement layer.
- Resurfacing should be done only when the base is considered stable.
- Before installing the pavement overlays, make sure to test the core and evaluate the condition of the subgrade.
- It is cost-efficient and effective when it comes to resurfacing the damaged asphalt pavement rather than installing the pavement overlay.
Once you have the paving contractor on board to get your pavement resurfaced, it is time to consult them about the implementation of the maintenance plan. The better the asphalt pavement is taken care of, the longer the pavement will sustain. Remember to pay attention to the tiny details like pote holes, repairs, crack filings, seal coatings, etc. Make sure that the sweeping of pavement can play an important role in the lifespan of asphalt pavement parking.
Are you looking for an asphalt paving contractor? Reach out to the experts at Metro Asphalt. The professionals here are experienced with years of services and thousands of clients. They render top-class services to achieve efficient results along with 100% customer satisfaction. Contact them today to get your consultation and quote.